JUST SOME PICTURES

August 20, 2015

At this time of year we have every insect imaginable hanging out in our backyard.  You have to be very careful if you walk the trail around the Joe Pye Weed and Goldenrod because literally hundreds of wasps, honey bees and bumble bees call the JPW & GR a source of food.

One of hundreds of yellow-jackets calling our yard home right now. They are hungry for the Joe Pye Weed and Goldenrod.

Monarch butterflies are just interested in the Joe Pye Weed.

This little lady(bug) has been spending her day poking around the goldenrod.



I saw this frog and thought it was deformed but turns out it was crossing its legs like that on purpose.  Who knew they did that? I didn't.
 
Epicure68 said...

How did I miss this one? Oh right, I'm flakey.

Love your photos! Please tell me you didn't just whip out your phone to take these, I'd be super depressed. :D Seriously though, really wonderful pictures. Is the frog trying to be coy? ;)

Michelle said...

Lol! Monica. It's that new macro lens I picked up. I am still trying to figure out how to use it correctly. Good thing there is no shortage of bugs to practice on :-)